“30% of the population are auditory learners, meaning they learn best by hearing”
If you’re already an avid podcast listener, you know that podcasts can be a great way to learn new skills, absorb information, and stay entertained. If you haven’t taken the plunge, here’s everything you need to know about why podcasts (especially ours) are great for learning and career growth for professional engineers.
1. Podcasts are audio based, meaning their portable and screen-free (your eyes and brain will thank you). You can listen while doing other things, like exercising or commuting.
2. Audio based learning is part of having an accessible learning toolkit, and promotes inclusivity to people who prefer or need non visual learning.
3. They’re a time saver. They’re snack-sized learning meaning it’s less daunting, and you can listen whenever you want, and at your own pace.
4. They’re flexible, which is good if you have a busy schedule. If you need to pause, you can come back later and pick up where you left off on our platform.
5. Did you know that 30% of the population are auditory learners, meaning they learn best by hearing? Plus, they’re able to absorb and retain up to 75% of the information they listen to. Our brains are able to retain information if we’re listening and doing something else simultaneously.
But do they qualify as Continuing Professional Development hours?
6. Generally speaking podcasts that enhance your engineering job and relate to your licence qualify as CPD hours. It’s always good to check with your licensing body for a breakdown.
7. Learnio CPD was designed specifically as a powerful, engaging CPD resource for engineers, by an award winning science journalist and podcast producer. Every module is intended to deliver high quality engaging content from world class experts. Topics and conversations are carefully planned to provide information that is interesting and advances your career.
8. Choose what interests you most. Pick from dozens of original podcasts, with new guests and topics available every week.
9. Our podcasts are auto-tracked. No guessing how many hours you’ve earned. Every minute you listen is tracked to your personal dashboard so you always know . Reset it when you want to start over.
10. Every episode includes a summary of key learnings and take-aways. Quickly scan to see if it’s interesting, and use it as a handy crib sheet for later.
11. Research papers, reading materials, books, photos, links, etc are important to validate, expand and reinforce what you’ve heard. Each episode includes links to resources relevant to the episode.
12. If you need Certificates to prove you completed the hours, we got ’em. Once you listen to 80% of any module, hit the Complete button, to generate a Certificate. Download it anytime
Investing in your career is correlated to your success. People who choose to invest a little extra see the return on their investment in tangible ways. If you do the math – divide the price by the number of hours you could earn and the time you’ll save, it’s easy to see the value.
They’re a portable, on-demand way to take in knowledge and level up your career.
Professional Development should be easy, engaging and accessible for you and your employees. We’re on a mission to make it that way. Reach out by DM if you have questions.
This could be the year that you integrate different methodologies to deepen the impact of required Professional Development and reach....
The earth is dying. It's as simple as that. And engineers, the architects of our modern world, can be heroes....